Sunday 1 August 2010

Waffles for breakfast

Finally I get a nice relaxing morning and something to yak about. The World Cup is out of the way, what a pile of crap that was, football is on the whole.... SHIT.... overhyped by Sky, the BBC and the Sun.... I've been looking at some bets for the season and to be honest am struggling to find any value. I've backed Morecambe (20/1), Reading (14/1) and Bristol City (20/1) so far.  

Morecambe made such a sluggish start last season, no wins in the first 6 games or so, but still finished 4th. Unfortunately they got humped by Dagenham & Redbridge. Sammy McIlroy won't allow them to start slowly again and as long as the scars of that 6-0 thumping are healed, 20/1 is excellent value.

I've mainly backed Reading and Bristol City because of their managers. Brian McDermott took Reading from being relegation-threatened to playoff-chasing in half a season and the momentum of that should hold them in good stead. City have super Steve Coppell in charge and having snapped up David James, look to have the money behind to push for promotion. Coppell knows how to win the division and I expect the 20/1 to be shorter by the time the Racing Post pull-out arrives on wednesday. I've also backed those 2 for promotion at 4/1 and 6/1 respectively.

Horses now

I felt like I was in a bit better form in the last 2 weeks although Goodwood was tough for my type of betting, I'm just counting down the days to the proper racing starts, hopefully I have a bet today.

Chester 5.10
Paktolos (18/1, vcbet) is more of an all-weather horse, but ran well at York last weekend. In stall 2 here and is still a big price, I'm looking for a big run and expect a return on my money.

No comments: