Tuesday 16 June 2009

Tuesday's tips

Not too much else around today.

Thirsk
4.35 Not a bad little race here and Hurlingham (6/1, William Hill) seems a little on the large side. Consistent whenever he runs, I think 1m4f is his best distance and is worth backing at 6/1.

5.10 Atlantic Beach (9/2f, Lads, vc) is my selection. There aren't many who look to progressive this season. Stevie Gee (11/2) hasn't hit the heights of 2008 in his 4 runs this season. Two at bigger prices to make the frame could be Legal Eagle (12/1, Hills), who ran well at Doncaster and is dropped back down in Grade and Rasaman (14/1, general), who has good course form, however hasn't won at 6f for 3 years but I was impressed with his last race over 6f at Hamilton last week against some good horses.

Newton Abbot
6.45 Galant Eye (33/1, bet365, Paddypower) hasn't run for 14 months, but I'm more than happy to back him if he can get back to the form of his win here 3 years ago (yes he's only run 3 times since then). a bit of rain would go amiss, but I'll take the good ground. I fully expect him to start 16/1, so Betfair me up.

7.45 Past Heritage (7/1, general) is my pick. Fitness taken on trust, however I'm always happy to back them after a few months off especially in a weak renewal such as this. Just Like That (3/1f) his likeliest rival.

No comments: