Friday 24 July 2009

Friday Fun

Iris's Flyer didn't do the business... drifted to 20/1 in fact. Not happy about that. More signs that the Racing Post is the devil incarnate. No winners since it introduced it's members club. I will not kowtow down to these cyberbullies. I don't want pricewise and I certainly don't want the other twats opinions on horses, I don't want spotlight (although I readi t for fits and giggles), the post-data is useful-ish. I do like using their lifetime form and reading through the results and getting a feel for the nag I'm going to back. I am weakening though... I almost gave in today, but have to be strong..... give me a 50p for the day option and i'll succumb.

Today is another of those millionaire or bust days..... not enough time for a complete breakdown of the recommended bets. As Gordon Gecko meant to say.... Breakeven is good.

Southwell 2.15 Scotch Corner @ 20/1 (PP, Hills, Skybet, totesport) Done nothing so far but this is weaker looking than some of his races. 20/1 looks big and might be worth looking him up.

Southwell 3.25 Falcon's Tribute @ 20/1 (sportingbet, Hills) Can't get on at either so I can't bet here, however there's no reason why Falcon's Tribute is 20/1.

Thirsk 3.40 Gosforth Park @ 40/1 (vcbet, SJ, Ladbrokes) Overpriced, if he gets a place I'll be more than happy.

Southwell 5.10 Newgate @ 20/1 (Totesport, SJ, sportingbet) and Lord Baskerville @ 20/1 (Coral, Bet365, PP) are viable e/w alternatives to Dirar (won last night). One should place, trouble is which one??? Split stakes here.

Newmarket 7.40 Good Gorsoon @ 14/1 (Coral) One of my stronger e/w bets. Racing above his station recenty, down in Class 3 he's got a good chance at a nice price.

And now it's pissing down outside, oh well, bets are already on.

No comments: