Tuesday 14 July 2009

Must do better

Sunday was one of those days where I was trying to find a winner, in stead of one jumping out at me. The only selection I was happy with was That Man Fox who's type has won these races before. One of the 3 favs came out leaving 7 runners and our horse was backed (after the rule4) but ultimately blew up.

I couldn't place Thunder Rock at a distance I was confident he'd do well at, however the market backed him into 13/2 and I just had a feeling that he was in for a reason. He was out the back which I wasn't too happy about and was just about to push on in the back straight before a slow jump dropped him back. An average one at the next and he was done for the day.

Falcon's Tribute was nibbled to 17/2 but was eased when he wasn't going to place. He'll find a better race to win than this.

Today. Bit more confident about Monte Pattino (16/1 huge!!, Stan James), he runs at Beverley's 4.15. I liked his win LTO at Musselburgh and he's now stepped up 2 grades, but they've found his trip and this doesn't look the best of C4s. The favourite still hasn't won nor run in this Class and yet is 11/4f. I like Pseudonym (5/1), but Yonder's (4/1) 2 wins were at shorter and he's unproven at 2m+.

Southwell
8.40 Highly Acclaimed (12/1, general, so bet365, Boylesports, Stan James). Run here in June seemed to perk her up from distinctly average. Steps up to 1m for the first time today which should suit, and up in Grade too. The two favourites will be up there too, but the rest are borderline crap. Interesting.

If you can get that 16/1 on Monte Pattino I reckon he'll start half that. Fingers crossed for today.

No comments: