Tuesday 19 August 2008

York OFF




Sorry for the infrequency, but the horses have been shite on the days I've had off. Now I have the time and York's first day is rained off.... bad scenes..


Very little at Brighton today, but I think a bad day for favourite backers and a good day for placepot backers. The two meetings tonight are bloody awful.


I'm prettty patriotic and am loving the Olympics, however England's footballers never offer any value. Probably best to stay away from friendlies too, but I'm a value-hunter which means I can only offer unpatriotic bets. Bet365 are offering 9/2 on the Czech Republic, wednesday night. Something for the other Brits to get their teeth into I'm sure. And then all the scorers and correct score markets offer great value too. The Czech's to win 2-1 is 22/1 with bluesq *shrug*.


Just had a little look at the weekend's football too... Plenty of value, West Ham @ Man City (9/4) for example, but nothing too concrete in the Premiership after only 1 week.


The value, as always, is where the bookies are weak, ie the Football League and Non-League (where I'm also weak) lol. However Mr Edge knows his non-League stuff and hopefully he'll send a few Blue Square punts my way. But I know the lower leagues and reckon there are some tasty aways this week.


You can get 11/8 (betfred, 365) on Sheffield United to win at Blackpool. Excellent value surely. United's firepower make this a good thing IMO. Doncaster come down to London this weekend in a make or break match for both teams. We'll find out whether 'the richest club in the world', QPR are the real deal (pfft) or whether Donny (15/4) are good enough to bring home the bacon on my tip in 'Division 2'. Not a bet. Hmmm, nope no bet.


In Division 3, Carlisle (6/4) also should get something from a trip to Leyton Orient this saturday. They crushed them in the corresponding fixture last season and are a much better side than the O's.


Bury (10/11, skybet) to beat Morecambe, at Gigg Lane, looks nailed on too. Anyone that can beat Brentford must be good ;-). Money talks in football especially with bookmakers and mug punters. Quite why Rochdale are 3/1 (bet365) to win at an overrated Bradford baffles me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd take Rochdale at this price every day of the week. They are no mugs and are my *Harry Hill* 'value punt of the week'. */Harry Hill*


I'll be back tomorrow weather-permitting, but am currently enjoying the Madison madness of Wiggins and Cavendish.

No comments: